Early dismissal: If school is dismissed early due to severe weather, all KIDSTOPs & KIDSTART will remain open until 4 p.m. Parents will be asked to pick up their children as soon as safely possible and no later than 4 p.m.
In the event school is dismissed early due to severe weather, please make plans and discuss your emergency plan with your children to:
- go to KIDSTOP after school
- to be picked up at school by you or another designated person
Your emergency plan should be indicated on the school’s Emergency School Closing form.
Late start: When schools have a late start due to weather, sites that offer before-school KIDSTOP & KIDSTART in the Sauk Rapids and Sartell districts will open at 8 a.m.
School cancellation (due to snow): If school is canceled for the entire day due to snow, all typical KIDSTOP sites will be closed because all school buildings will be closed.
- Oak Ridge KIDSTOP will be open for all Sartell-St. Stephen KIDSTOP and KIDSTART families on snow days from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. All Day KIDSTOP fees will apply.
- For Sauk Rapids and St. Cloud families, KIDSTOP programming will be open at the Eastside Boys & Girls Club (320 Raymond Ave NE, St. Cloud) and the Roosevelt Boys & Girls Club (345 30th Avenue N, St. Cloud). Hours of operation on snow days will be 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. at the Clubs, and All Day KIDSTOP fees will apply.
For emergency KIDSTOP programming on snow days, families may choose the Boys & Girls Club that is most convenient for their needs.
- Oak Hill, Kennedy, Madison, Discovery and Westwood staff will be at the Roosevelt Club.
- Mississippi Heights, Pleasantview, Talahi and Clearview staff will be at the Eastside Club.
- Oak Ridge, Pine Meadow and Riverivew staff will be at Oak Ridge KIDSTOP.
Closed School Snow Day Option requirements
Because KIDSTOP programming will be moving without ample notice for closed school snow days, we will not require parents to register in advance for these days; however, parents must bring the following with them in order to ensure a safe program environment for their child(ren):
- Normal all-day rates apply
- Parents must send their child with a bag lunch
- Parents must fill out an allergy action plan
- Parents must fill out a medication administration form (completed & submitted in advance – talk to your program manager for details) and bring all medication with them that morning before dropping off child(ren)
School cancellation (due to extreme cold): If school is canceled for the day due to extreme temperatures, we will open select KIDSTOP sites per district from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Madison (door #8) and Oak Hill (door #8) will be open in the St. Cloud district, Mississippi Heights (door #9) will be open in the Sauk Rapids-Rice district, and Oak Ridge (door #7) will be open in the Sartell-St. Stephen district for both KIDSTOP and KIDSTART.
After-school activities cancellation: If after-school activities are canceled for the day, but school day ends at normally scheduled hours, KIDSTOPs and KIDSTART will remain open until 6 p.m. Please make arrangements in order to pick up your children no later than 6 p.m.
We suggest that you watch or listen to weather announcements when severe weather is moving into the Central Minnesota area. Our announcements are typically made on the following media:
- Text messages from: (202)509-9796 (please add this number to your contacts as Boys & Girls Club/KIDSTOP SMS)
- Facebook posts to @BGCMN
- Weather notification at the top of our homepage: www.bgcmn.org
- Emails sent to all affected sites
- Emails and communication sent from the schools
- Townsquare Media (WJON & 98 Country)
- Leighton Broadcasting (KCLD, Wild 98.9 & More FM)
- Tri-County Broadcasting (Rock’n 101)