Early dismissal: If school is dismissed early due to severe weather, all KIDSTOPs & KIDSTART will remain open until 4 p.m. Parents will be asked to pick up their children as soon as safely possible and no later than 4 p.m.
In the event school is dismissed early due to severe weather, please make plans and discuss your emergency plan with your children to:
- go to KIDSTOP after school
- to be picked up at school by you or another designated person
Your emergency plan should be indicated on the school’s Emergency School Closing form.
School cancellation (due to snow): If school is canceled for the entire day due to snow, all typical KIDSTOP sites will be closed. The Roosevelt Boys & Girls Club (345 30th Avenue North, St. Cloud) will open for emergency care KIDSTOP programming from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Parents may use the main (East) door to check in their child(ren).
*** The Roosevelt Boys & Girls Club will not be available on this day for KIDSTART children, as the site is not set up for pre-school programming.
Closed School Snow Day Option requirements
Because KIDSTOP programming will be moving to the Roosevelt Boys & Girls Club without ample notice for closed school snow days, we will not require parents to register in advance for these days; however, parents must bring the following with them in order to ensure a safe program environment for their child(ren):
- Normal all-day rates apply
- Parents must send their child with a bag lunch
- Parents must fill out an allergy action plan
- Parents must fill out a medication administration form (completed & submitted in advance – talk to your program manager for details) and bring all medication with them that morning before dropping off child(ren)
*** Please note: this is a pilot program, and we will closely monitor this policy to ensure best practices.
School cancellation (due to extreme cold): If school is canceled for the day due to extreme temperatures, we will open select KIDSTOP sites per district from 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Madison (door #8) and Oak Hill (door #8) will be open in the St. Cloud district, Mississippi Heights (door #9) will be open in the Sauk Rapids-Rice district, and Oak Ridge (door #7) will be open in the Sartell-St. Stephen district for both KIDSTOP and KIDSTART.
After-school activities cancellation: If after-school activities are canceled for the day, but school day ends at normally scheduled hours, KIDSTOPs and KIDSTART will remain open until 6 p.m. Please make arrangements in order to pick up your children no later than 6 p.m.
We suggest that you watch or listen to weather announcements when severe weather is moving into the Central Minnesota area. Our announcements are typically made on the following media:
- NEW! Voice messages & texts from: (202)509-9796 (please add this number to your contacts as Boys & Girls Club/KIDSTOP SMS)
- Facebook posts to @BGCMN
- Weather notification at the top of our homepage: www.bgcmn.org
- Emails sent to all affected sites
- Emails and communication sent from the schools
- Regent Broadcasting (WJON & 98 Country)
- Leighton Broadcasting (KCLD, Wild 98.9 & More FM)
- Tri-County Broadcasting (Rock’n 101)
- St. Cloud Times