Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota provides the KIDSTOP school-aged childcare program at Mississippi Heights and Pleasantview elementary schools in the Sauk Rapids-Rice school district. We also operate The Club’s Storm Afterschool outreach program for middle school students.
Programs & Services
In order to respond to the ever-changing needs of families in our community, Boys & Girls Club is offering the following services during the 2022-23 school year:
- After School KIDSTOP at Pleasantview and Mississippi Heights from school dismissal until 6 p.m. Monday – Friday
- All Day KIDSTOP at Pleasantview and Mississippi Heights on scheduled non-school days from 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Eastside Boys & Girls Club (320 Raymond Ave NE, St. Cloud) Monday – Friday from school dismissal until 7 p.m. for K-5 and until 8 p.m. for 6-12th graders. Please click here for more information about the Boys & Girls Club and to register your child for Boys & Girls Club services.
- The Club’s Storm Afterschool outreach program is open for middle school students Monday – Friday on scheduled school days from 3:15 p.m. – 6 p.m.
New for the 2022-23 School Year
- Boys & Girls Club will provide a Before School KIDSTOP program at Pleasantview and Mississippi Heights Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – school start.
This program will be provided on trial basis during the first trimester of the school year, from the first full day of school until winter break. At that time, Boys & Girls Club will evaluate the success of the program and determine the viability of a Before School KIDSTOP program for the rest of the school year.
Register for KIDSTOP online today!
KIDSTOP is a school-age child care program for K-6 located in the Sauk Rapids-Rice, St. Cloud and Sartell-St. Stephen school districts. The KIDSTOP program is part of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota, which has provided quality programs and services to young people in our community since 1974. Our mission is to do whatever it takes to empower all youth to reach their full potential.
KIDSTOP services stem from the five core Boys & Girls Clubs’ program areas:
- Character & Leadership Development
- Education & Career Development
- Health & Life Skills
- The Arts
- Sports, Fitness, & Recreation
Scholarships and county child care assistance are available to families in need. The Boys & Girls Club is committed to making sure that ALL children are entitled to quality after-school care, because the children of Central Minnesota deserve to continue to have a positive place to stay after school – a place that is convenient for parents and fun for kids.
Fees for School Year 2021-22 KIDSTOP & 2022-23 KIDSTOP
Starting January 1, 2022, the fees for KIDSTOP are as follows:
- Before School KIDSTOP: $4.00 (available at select schools)
- After School KIDSTOP: $11.00
- All Day KIDSTOP including hybrid days (hours are from 6:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.): $28.00
- Weekly fees must be paid via Easy Pay, check or credit card payment (by clicking here)
Starting September 1, 2022:
- After School KIDSTOP: $11.50
- All Day KIDSTOP: $29.00
- Before School KIDSTOP: $4.00
KIDSTOP has a non-refundable registration processing fee of $20.00 per child for the school year and $10.00 per child for summer. Registration includes a membership to any Boys & Girls Club.
If you register your child(ren) for our program and are unable to use the program for any reason, we pledge to either refund your money or credit your account toward future program usage. We are here for you!
Mission: Youth Outreach
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota would like to offer free Club memberships to children from military families through Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s Mission: Youth Outreach program. Please fill out this brochure voucher (PDF) and bring it in for your child(ren)’s free Club membership and/or use it for $10 off your KIDSTOP registration processing fee.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the administrative office at (320) 252-7616.
County Child Care Assistance
County child care assistance is available to families in need. The Boys & Girls Club is committed to making sure that ALL children have access to quality after-school care, because the children of Central Minnesota deserve to continue to have a positive place to stay after school – a place that is convenient for parents and safe and fun for kids. Families approved for county child care assistance will be responsible for all fees incurred that are not covered by the county.
Sign up for Easy Pay and never worry about late fees! Click here to download an Easy Pay form now.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota has a scholarship program to ensure that all youth, regardless of financial ability, can participate in the KIDSTOP program. For more information on the scholarship program or to apply for county child care assistance, please contact our administrative office at 320-252-7616 or email@example.com.
The David Berg Memorial Scholarship Fund is a scholarship instituted by Ron and Grayce Berg in memory of their son, David. This scholarship is available annually to serve one select family experiencing hardship.
Also, please consider joining our email contact list for important information regarding the KIDSTOP program, including weather-related closings, field trips and special events. Email us with your child’s site and your email address at firstname.lastname@example.org.