The Boys & Girls Club can always use volunteers at any of our 17 sites. Whether you’re interested in playing basketball with the teens, reading to a child or doing paperwork in the administrative office, we can use you!
If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please click the button below to apply online. All volunteers will be required to complete a criminal background check consent form and must make a minimum commitment of 20 hours over a three-month period.
or Download the Volunteer Application Form (DOC). Return this form to the Administrative Office.
Junior Volunteer Opportunities
The Junior Volunteer Program is a comprehensive small-group program that assists members ages 12-18 (and have attended 7th grade) in exploring a career in youth or human services, particularly Boys & Girls Club work. Through hands-on experiences with helping others in the Club and community, field trips to other service organizations and one-on-one guidance from Club staff, youth prepare for a possible future role as a human services professional or volunteer leader in their community.
For more information regarding volunteer and/or internship opportunities, please contact the volunteer/internship coordinator at 320-252-7616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota offers a number of internship positions, including:
- Assistant Program Manager Intern is responsible for the development and implementation of quality programs in a variety of KIDSTOP program areas.
- Healthy Lifestyles Coordinator Intern is responsible for assisting with the development and delivery of programs that focus on decision making, self-esteem, prevention and conflict resolution.
- Fine Arts Intern is responsible for the development & delivery of a broad range of fine arts programming.
- Sports Fitness Intern is responsible for assisting in the development of physical education programming.
- Performing Arts Intern is responsible for the design and implementation of performing arts programs.
- Garden Environmental Education Intern is responsible for the design and implementation of gardening programs.
- Academic Success Coordinator Intern is responsible for assisting in the development and delivery of high-yield learning activities that promote individual academic success.
- Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting with all duties related to the marketing department.
- Human Resources Intern is responsible for assisting with all duties related to the HR department.
- Inclusion Specialist Intern is responsible for building strong relationships with youth for the purpose of inclusion in programming.
- Youth Development Intern is responsible for developing strong relationships with youth, developing and implementing programs.
Internship Success stories:
“This semester was one of the best semesters of my college career. I have built great friendships with employees and students. I hope I have impacted their lives as much as they have impacted mine.”
-Matthew Wenino, Performing Arts Intern
“If you want to grow personally while impacting the community, do it by interning at the Boys & Girls Club.”
-Brandon Garlow, Health & Life Skills Intern