If you’re reading this, you’ve had the opportunity to experience our brand sparkling new website. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are! Last fall when we made the decision to upgrade, we knew we had the opportunity to make our website a better resource for all members of our audience.
We partnered with Meta 13, a local web development firm who we’ve worked with for more than 10 years. They’ve consulted with us for everything from day-to-day website updates to multiple web build-outs like our most recent project. Their team was able to help us narrow in on the many varied ways our site could be improved to become more user friendly and a better resource for information about our mission and programming for all.
Here are all the ways our new website can work better for you:
- We’ve restructured the navigation and page structure of the site to make it easier to find the information you’re looking for. Now it’s easier for our parents to find information about local KIDSTOP and Club programming, register their children for programming, and see upcoming events hosted by our organization. Additionally, the navigation bar is ‘sticky’ meaning it follows the user as they scroll down the page making it easier for them to move to other pages in the site.
- Our new website content management system makes it easier for us to make updates to more complex items like forms in-house.
- We’ve now got the ability to update our homepage with important announcements like weather related or holiday location closings. We hope parents will be able to check our site when they need to know time sensitive information.
- We’ve got an upgraded hosting package, making our site faster and more secure.
- Last but not least, our updated design is so fun! We have more places to feature the smiling faces of the kids we’re here to serve every day! We use a playful, bright color scheme that dovetails perfectly with our mission and brand.
We wanted to take this opportunity to thank our partners for making this new website possible. A huge thanks goes out to our marketing committee for their input on the website redesign and to Meta 13 for the design, build-out, and partnership over the years.