Job Description Summary
Delivery and supervision of quality programs and activities provided within a designated KIDSTOP site.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development:
- Promote, stimulate and encourage program participation;
- Assist and participate in the new member orientation process;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
- Provide and assist with supervision, guidance and role modeling to staff and volunteers.
- Lead a variety of program activities in all program areas.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, promote and evaluate all programs and activities to ensure safety of members, quality programs and appearance of the site at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Assists with training and orientations of staff and volunteers.
- Accurate record keeping and data entry of program attendances, parent accounts and field trip/special events.
- Meets with program staff on a weekly basis (or as needed), to plan programming and evaluate site programs, and prepare weekly and monthly program schedules.
- Assumes full responsibility of the program site in the absence of the Site Manager.
- Responsible for communicating the objectives, standards and program of the Boys & Girls Club to staff and volunteers.
- Assist with parent interactions including: new member information, assist with relaying information, and conflict resolution (including member and parent).
- Responsible for managing medical/behavior issues of members.
- Assist with grant-related programs.
- Participate in special programs and/or events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to interact with parents and deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising either staff or members.
- CPR and first aid certified
Education & Work Experience
Education: High school diploma / GED
Experience: A minimum of one year of job experience and/or training. Must be 18 years of age
Maintains close, daily contact with staff and volunteers, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions and advise/counsel. Contribute to the maintenance of good relations with school personnel at all levels and to public in general.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.