Now hiring difference makers!
Work closely with individual youth to help them be successful and confident in KIDSTOP programming.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
To provide support to members with special needs to ensure their success in the KIDSTOP program.
STARTING WAGE: $15.00 per hour
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that members with special needs or behavior issues are modeling appropriate behavior that is in line with KIDSTOP expectations.
- Ability to implement behavior management skills that are appropriate for each individual member under supervision.
- Ability to identify behavior triggers and effectively de-escalate destructive situations in a professional and respectful manner.
- May assist special needs individuals in a group setting or provide one-on-one assistance/programming.
- Be able to appropriately handle toileting and hygiene issues as needed
- Participate as an active, positive team member with supervisor, other staff, volunteers, and members at all times by communicating effectively.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
- Plan and lead special programs and/or events at site.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of program equipment, supplies and facility including clean up and proper use
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to relate well with members in KIDSTOP group environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising special needs members.
- Is aware of KIDSTOP policies and will abide by them.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
Education & Work Experience
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and must be 18 years of age. Prefer some classes in Special Education.
Experience: Three to six months of experience working with special needs children preferred.
Maintains close, daily contact with members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues and explain guidelines/ instructions. Maintains positive relations with school personnel the general public and member families at all times.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.