Now hiring difference makers!
Work closely with individual youth to help them be successful and confident in KIDSTOP programming.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
To provide support to members with special needs to ensure their success in the KIDSTOP program.
STARTING WAGE: $15.00 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that members with special needs or behavior issues are modeling appropriate behavior that is in line with KIDSTOP expectations.
- Ability to implement behavior management skills that are appropriate for each individual member under supervision.
- Ability to identify behavior triggers and effectively de-escalate destructive situations in a professional and respectful manner.
- May assist individuals with special needs in a group setting or provide one-on-one assistance/programming.
- Be able to appropriately handle toileting and hygiene issues as needed
- Participate as an active, positive team member with supervisor, other staff, volunteers, and members at all times by communicating effectively.
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
- Plan and lead special programs and/or events at site.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of program equipment, supplies and facility including clean up and proper use.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to relate well with members in KIDSTOP group environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising special needs members.
- Is aware of KIDSTOP policies and will abide by them.
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or equivalent and must be 18 years of
age. Prefer some classes in Special Education.
Experience: Three to six months of experience working with special
needs children preferred.
Maintains close, daily contact with Club members, parents and supervisor to receive/provide
information, discuss issues and explain guidelines/ instructions. Be able to communicate daily
updates to parents. Maintains positive relations with school personnel, the general public and
member families at all times.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, 2 hours
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner through verbal and written format
with internal and external contacts 3 hours per day
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 4-5 hours per day
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and manipulate up to 40 lbs. of weight up to 4 hours per day