Now hiring difference makers!
Be the first friendly face youth check in with as they enter the Club on a daily basis. Track and report attendance accurately and ensure a safe Club environment by monitoring guests and visitors.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for safely checking in all members to the Club and entering names into the database. Assures that bags, coats and hats are left at the check-in desk before entering the Club. Prepares reports from member database as scheduled. Answers telephones, questions and maintains electronic and hard copy files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for checking all members into the Club, and enters member attendance into database.
- Assures that all necessary member items are checked in to desk area and not brought into Club. Retrieves personal items when needed.
- Ensures a safe Club environment.
- Reports any incidents to supervisor immediately or calls for assistance when needed.
- Answers telephones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or taking messages as necessary.
- Maintains electronic and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Assists members and families in filling out membership forms.
- Assists with monitoring nearby areas to ensure member safety.
- May serve as Club receptionist, greeting all members and visitors and maintaining attendance and visitor logs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
1. Computer and data entry skills
2. Organization and attention to detail
3. Strong customer relations skills
4. Able to maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Maintains close daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information. Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, member’s parents, and others to provide a positive Club experience.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, with or without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
|Lift/Carry up to 25 lbs.||X|
|Lift/Carry 25-50 lbs.||X|
|Lift 50+ lbs.||X|
|Grip/Grasp/Repeating Motions That May Include Wrist, Hands and Fingers||X|
|Walking/Bending/Moving/Reaching/Stretching in Different Positions||X|
|Audio Visual Equipment||X|
|Desktop Phone and Cell Phone||X|
|Two-Way Radio/Ear Mic||X|
|Outdoor Work with Low/High Temperatures and Other Elements Such as Wind/Precipitation||X|
|Odors That May Be Unpleasant||X|
|Varied Lighting Conditions (i.e. Fluorescent, Low Lighting, etc.)||X|
|Small and/or Enclosed Spaces||X|
|Working Within a Team||X|
|Managing Workplace Stressors||X|
|Encountering Belligerent Behaviors||X|
|Acids, Corrosives, Epoxies, Dust, Fumes, Mists, Gases, Chemicals, Body Fluids, Etc.||X|
|Facial Covering, Gloves, Safety Glasses, Ear Muffs/Plugs, Etc.||X|