Position: Academic Success Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Site Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Designs and implements a comprehensive Academic Success program for a designated Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development:
- promote and encourage program participation
- will use positive youth development techniques
- provide guidance and role modeling to members
- participate in programs interacting with youth
- Design age-appropriate educational curriculum, including academic support and tutoring.
- Able to understand and assist members in basic educational disciplines
- Implement educational programs; ensure staff is well informed of curriculum
- Help members set academic goals for themselves
- Coordinate and supervise academic field trips, business tours and college visits
- Review materials after members complete and assist with area of difficulty
- Collaborate with area schools and parents for current materials and methods
- Track all programs and activities using the Boys & Girls Club’s database; evaluate programs with youth using surveys and qualitative feedback; provide grant reports as required
- Ensure a productive work environment by assisting staff and volunteers.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by Senior Site Manager or other supervisors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to relate with children in a Boys & Girls Club environment.
- Ability to deal with the general public and community organizations.
- Ability to organize and supervise member in a safe environment.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and authorized to drive Club van.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 1 year related work experience
Maintains close daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information. Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, member’s parents, and other to assist in resolving problems/issues.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and written records 8+ hours
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner through verbal and written format with internal and external contacts 8 hours per day
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 6-8 hours per day
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and manipulate up to 20 lbs of weight up to 4-6 hours per day