JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN is a leading nonprofit agency serving youth preschool age through senior high school. We are seeking an enthusiastic, driven intern for our fast-paced HR department. The focus for this position will be on recruitment. Other assignments will be scanning, filing, and administrative tasks in general.
Basic Function: Human Resources Intern provides HR support in recruitment, staff selection, and onboarding of new hires.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with and research a variety of recruiting efforts, including position postings on job-boards/websites, and creating recruitment materials
- Assist with creating, finding and attending external/internal recruiting events such as kiosks and job fairs throughout the community
- Assist with candidate screenings, selection and placement process
- Assist with onboarding including scheduling, preparing materials, meeting with new hires to complete paperwork and data entry of new hires
- Assist with job description and interview question updates
- Assist with creating virtual onboarding procedure
- Assist with Employee Appreciation events
- Assist with scanning and/or filing documents into employee personnel files and Share drive folders
- Assist with exit/stay interviews
- Assist with a variety of other administrative tasks within the HR field
- Other duties as assigned.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Cultivate organizational/time-management skills
- Attend meetings and/or seminars related to the human resources field
- Plan and oversee special programs, committees and/or events (i.e. field trips, inter-KIDSTOP tournaments and awards programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other KIDSTOP activities as necessary.
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding staff for all sites.
- Coordinating weekly schedules between sites to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings and trainings.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Competency to learn how to enter data into company database
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Problem-solving skills
- Distinguished organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be a current student pursuing a post-secondary Human Recourses degree and be able to provide relevant course work related to HR functions
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Willing and able to commit to at least 20 hours/week for a consecutive time period of at least 3 months
Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, with or without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
|Lift/Carry up to 25 lbs.||X|
|Lift/Carry 25-50 lbs.||X|
|Lift 50+ lbs.||X|
|Grip/Grasp/Repeating Motions That May Include Wrist, Hands and Fingers||X|
|Walking/Bending/Moving/Reaching/Stretching in Different Positions||X|
|Audio Visual Equipment||X|
|Desktop Phone and Cell Phone||X|
|Two-Way Radio/Ear Mic||X|
|Outdoor Work with Low/High Temperatures and Other Elements Such as Wind/Precipitation||X|
|Odors That May Be Unpleasant||X|
|Varied Lighting Conditions (i.e. Fluorescent, Low Lighting, etc.)||X|
|Small and/or Enclosed Spaces||X|
|Working Within a Team||X|
|Managing Workplace Stressors||X|
|Encountering Belligerent Behaviors||X|
|Acids, Corrosives, Epoxies, Dust, Fumes, Mists, Gases, Chemicals, Body Fluids, Etc.||X|
|Facial Covering, Gloves, Safety Glasses, Ear Muffs/Plugs, Etc.||X|