Maintains food service facilities and equipment in a sanitary condition; organizes, and cleans. Assists in the preparation and serving of food in the cafeteria, using safe food handling and storage practices. Plan and lead a variety of activities within the health and nutrition program area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development:
- Promotes and stimulate program participation;
- Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
- Focus on maintaining a safe, positive atmosphere for all youth.
- Exhibits a warm, concerned attitude toward youth that uses a positive approach in dealing with individuals as well as groups of children.
- Effectively plan and lead programs, services and a variety of activities for members.
- Effectively communicate with staff and with children of all ages being an active positive team member.
- Completes program planners in a timely manner including new, fun and inviting program ideas for the designated area(s).
- Washes pots, pans, dishes and utensils and tidies cooking area.
- Assists in serving meals to youth in appropriate portions.
- Maintains a safe food preparation area following local, state and federal guidelines
- Transports food from one location to another
The assignment of these additional duties will be dependent on the length of the shift:
- Cleans and sanitizes work area to Health Department standards and disposes of refuse.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the uses of kitchen utensils and equipment and their operation thereof.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with other staff.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prepare various foods.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to interact with the children and youth in a manner that clearly conveys warm regard, respect, and care.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be authorized to drive Club vans.
- Must be 21 years of age.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Some high school
Qualifications: Ability to follow guidelines and regulations pertaining to food/kitchen safety
Has daily contact with Cook to receive/provide information. May interact with Club members and other Club staff at the site. Maintains positive relations with members and staff at all times.
- Potential contact with cleaning agents, and hot water temperature.
- Around extreme heat from, but not allowed to use, ovens, grills and stoves.
- Exposure to very hot foods.
- Exposure to sharp knives.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, with or without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
|Lift/Carry up to 25 lbs.|
|Lift/Carry 25-50 lbs.|
|Lift 50+ lbs.|
|Grip/Grasp/Repeating Motions That May Include Wrist, Hands and Fingers|
|Walking/Bending/Moving/Reaching/Stretching in Different Positions|
|Audio Visual Equipment|
|Desktop Phone and Cell Phone|
|Two-Way Radio/Ear Mic|
|Outdoor Work with Low/High Temperatures and Other Elements Such as Wind/Precipitation|
|Odors That May Be Unpleasant|
|Varied Lighting Conditions (i.e. Fluorescent, Low Lighting, etc.)|
|Small and/or Enclosed Spaces|
|Working Within a Team|
|Managing Workplace Stressors|
|Encountering Belligerent Behaviors|
|Acids, Corrosives, Epoxies, Dust, Fumes, Mists, Gases, Chemicals, Body Fluids, Etc.|
|Facial Covering, Gloves, Safety Glasses, Ear Muffs/Plugs, Etc.|