Thank you for your dedication to the mission of this organization and for your interest in developing your leadership skills to further serve the community!
Boys & Girls Club’s Emerging Leaders Program seeks to develop leaders who will carry on the mission of the Boys & Girls Club, to do whatever it takes to empower all youth to reach their full potential.
- Full-time Boys & Girls Club staff, excluding Directors and Cabinet staff
- A cohort of 5 people will be selected for FY2023
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota encourages, cultivates, and celebrates personal development and professional achievement. This program is designed to enhance professional skills, develop competencies, and explore organizational foundations through active participation while reflecting on personal, professional and career development aspirations.
The Emerging Leaders program is designed to;
- Enhance personal skills for increased self-awareness, perception, confidence, and empathy.
- Develop professional skills and competencies around problem-solving, business operations, systems, and critical thinking to increase organizational outcomes and prepare individuals for greater professional impact.
- Support Boys & Girls Club core values, enrich culture, and improve club operations.
The Emerging Leaders program is for both experienced, mid-level nonprofit managers who have a formal degree, and professionals with direct experience, instead of a formal degree. This year-long program builds on current strengths and talents, then provides skills to become effective, transformational nonprofit leaders.
- Self-awareness (emotional intelligence, leadership assessment)
- Communications (internal and external)
- Organizational culture (staffing and volunteers)
- Board governance (roles and responsibilities)
- Financial management (risk management, scenario planning, asset management)
- Fundraising (resource planning and development)
- Strategic thinking (strategy planning, program development, evaluation)
- Community awareness (cultural systems, equity, partnerships/collaboration, advocacy)
In addition to the program sessions, a leadership self-assessment and debrief could be provided to help participants develop insight into their personal and leadership style.
We invite you to apply to join the Boys & Girls Club’s Emerging Leaders Program!
- The application will be open January 9 – 13, 2023
- Selections will be announced on January 17, 2023
- The first session will be Wednesday, January, 25, 2023 – 9 a.m. – noon. Sessions will run from 9 a.m. – noon throughout the program.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.