Now Hiring Difference Makers! Recruitment & Volunteer Coordinator
Job Title: Recruitment & Volunteer Coordinator
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Full time Hourly Non-Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Recruitment & Volunteer Coordinator will achieve staffing objectives by sourcing, recruiting and screening candidates for all paid and unpaid Club positions. The Recruitment & Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of all volunteer and internship functions including interviewing, selection and placement of those positions. Developing and nurturing close relationships with universities, high schools and other agencies to maintain a pool of qualified candidates for all positions will be priority. Much of the Recruitment & Volunteer Coordinator’s time will be spent outside the agency in local and surrounding communities.
- Recruits and screens applicants for all available positions at BCMNN; present BGCMN’s paid and un-paid opportunities to campuses, community organizations, student groups, faculty and staff; always maintaining positive relationships with outside organizations and identifying new opportunities for collaboration and new sources of staff, volunteers and interns.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, schools, employment agencies, media, and internet sites; being aware that some KIDSTOP sites due to location require specific outreach in order to nurture the needs of that location; provides organization information and opportunities for recruitment and promotes employment, volunteer and internship opportunities to students.
- Coordinates and attends recruitment events at Universities, High schools and Community Events on a regular, routine basis.
- Provides creative and fresh ideas for recruiting practices at BGCMN.
- Promotes and communicates work study needs with local universities in order to meet work study retention and recruitment goals.
- Regularly posts on social media to attract applicants; creates and distributes flyers, brochures, and other promotional pieces, utilizing the marketing department as needed.
- Establishes contact with new employee and their supervisor within 30 days to conduct stay interviews.
- Be aware of and follow through with current HR law.
- Review applications, interview, select, place and provide orientation for volunteer and internship candidates. Ensure all paperwork is completed for these positions including conducting and reviewing criminal background checks, entering candidate into data base and create ID cards in a timely manner.
- Communicate relevant volunteer/internship placement information to managers and/or directors ensuring a smooth transition; regularly surveying both the candidate and manager/director to assess their needs including maintaining accurate records and providing reports as needed.
- Coordinate volunteer recognition activities including but not limited to National Volunteer week.
- Act as BGCMN’s primary liaison with SCAVCA (St. Cloud Area Volunteer Coordinators Assoc.) and the volunteer aspect of United Way of Central MN, by attending SCAVC monthly meetings.
- Attends weekly meetings.
- Participate in paid position interviews as needed.
- Coordinate the United Way campaign for staff giving.
- Assist with trainings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and computerized HR management systems.
- Ability to research and apply regulatory requirements affecting human resources management.
- Knowledge of human resource management compliance.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Be flexible, adapt to changes, and able to prioritize tasks.
- Must authorize BGCMN to conduct a criminal background check. Criminal background must meet BGCMN’s standards for employment.
- Must be at least 21 and able to legally operate company vehicle.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
Education: 2 years post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
Experience: 2 years of related experience.
Maintains close, daily contact with Human Resources Manager to manage work, coordinate recruiting opportunities and discuss issues/potential issues. Works closely with the Director of KIDSTOP Operations and the Director of Operations to make appropriate placement decisions. Maintains contact with Club staff and supervisors to receive and provide information. Maintains contact and a positive relationship with other Clubs, organizations, government agencies, colleges and others to achieve program goals and objectives, obtain ongoing Human Resources knowledge, and to build networking relationships with others in the community.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and document review and written records 8+ hours daily.
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner in English through verbal and written format with internal and external contacts 8 hours per day.
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 6-8 hours per day.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and lift up to 20 lbs of weight up to 2 hours daily.
Grasping/Holding: Able to utilize hands and finger dexterity to operate office equipment such as a computer, phone, and copier up to 7-8 hours per day.
Driving: Able to legally operate own vehicle and/or company motor vehicle up to 4-8 hours per day.