Now hiring difference makers! Physical Education Coordinator
Physical Education Coordinator: Make a difference in the lives of young people by serving as a coach and mentor for youth at the Boys & Girls Club! Coordinate all fitness programs in the gym and outdoor activities, with an emphasis on basketball programs for school-age youth.
Job Title: Sports and Fitness Coordinator
Reports To: Unit Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Designs and implements and supervises the Physical Education program for a designated unit of the Boys & Girls Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development: promote and stimulate program participation; use positive youth guidance techniques including but not limited to, positive discipline and redirection; provide guidance and role modeling to members, participate in programs interacting with youth.
2. Design a variety of activities for youth of all ages.
3. Encourage and inform youth of proper techniques and attitudes.
4. Implement Physical education programs, teaching methods to youth and staff.
5. Evaluate the programs utilizing the BGCA Impact Assessment.
6. Network with schools, community, parents and members to keep programs varied and of interest to youth.
7. Prepare grant and progress reports as needed.
8. Ensure a productive work environment by assisting staff and volunteers.
9. Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. Must have an acceptable driving record and be authorized to drive a Club van.
3. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
1. Ability to work in a team environment.
2. Demonstrated ability to relate with children in a Boys & Girls Club environment.
3. Ability to deal with the general public and community organizations.
4. Ability to organize and supervise member in a safe environment.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Experience Knowledge of physical education programs
Maintains close daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information. Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, member’s parents, and others to assist in resolving problems/issues.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and written records 8+ hours
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner through verbal and written format with internal and external contacts 8 hours per day
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 6-8 hours per day Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and manipulate up to 20 lbs of weight up to 4-6 hours per day