Job Title: Site Manager – Clubs
Reports To: Senior Site Manager – Clubs
FLSA Status: Exempt
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated unit, such as academic success, career development, recreation, physical education and the Arts. Supervision and training of staff, community relations and membership promotion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plan and oversee the administration of designated Unit programs and activities that support positive youth development:
- Assist with establishing program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards, policies and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of programs areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
2. Shares the responsibility of assuring the safety of Club members, volunteers and staff at a designated unit. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program, meaning that program area is safe and equipment is maintained in good working condition. This may include overseeing medical conditions of specific members and dispensing of medication.
3. Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
4. Contributes to the maintenance of good relations with school personnel, members, parents and the general public.
5. Participates in staff recruitment events and interviews candidates for hire.
6. Trains and orientates staff and volunteers. Responsible for interpreting the objective, standards and programs of the Boys & Girls Club to staff and volunteers.
7. Participates in staff recruiting events and interviews candidates for hire.
8. Promote membership in designated site and other Club units.
9. Conduct annual reviews of all part-time staff at the designated Unit.
10. Conduct a daily pre/post operation safety inspection of all program areas.
11. Assumes full responsibility of the Club in the absence of the Senior Site Manager.
12. Orders supplies to stay within the approved budget.
13. Assures grant funded programs are running on a timely basis with timely and accurate reporting.
1. Work with staff on special events to carry out programs.
2. Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize guidance and discipline plan.
3. Involves Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN in programs with other affiliated Clubs.
4. Attend and participate in monthly staff development opportunities as well as attend monthly staff meetings.
5. Must be CPR and First Aid certified.
6. All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
1. Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
2. Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline problems.
3. Preferred 21 years of age and eligible for van authorization.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of one year of job experience and/or training.
Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Has regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise and counsel. Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and others.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and written records 8+ hours.
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner through verbal and written format with internal and external contacts 6-8 hours per day.
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 4-6 hours per day.
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and manipulate up to 40 lbs of weight up to 4 hours per day.
Grasping/Holding/Use of Fingers: Able to utilize hands and fingers to operate equipment such as computer, phone and copier up to 7-8 hours per day.