- Creates an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development:
- Promotes and stimulate program participation;
- Provides guidance and role modeling to members.
- Focus on maintaining a safe, positive atmosphere for all youth.
- Exhibits a warm, concerned attitude toward youth that uses a positive approach in dealing with individuals as well as groups of children.
- Effectively plan and lead programs, services and a variety of activities for members.
- Effectively communicate with staff and with children of all ages being an active positive team member.
- Completes program planners in a timely manner including new, fun and inviting program ideas for the designated area(s).
- Ensures a productive work environment by participating in staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to relate well with children in Boys & Girls Club/KIDSTOP group environment.
- Knowledge of STEM subjects and concepts
- Ability to inspire and motivate students to pursue STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) interests and careers.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising groups of children.
- Be aware of safety procedures for fire, tornado, lock down, etc.
- Is aware of Boys & Girls Club/KIDSTOP policies and will abide by them.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of program equipment, supplies and facility including daily clean up and proper use.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
In order to meet Boys & Girls Clubs of America compliance, Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota must adhere to the following requirements:
- School-Year: Must be 18 years of age, and no longer in high school
- Summer: Must be 16 years of age. Once employed, you are grandfathered in for further employment (including school-year).
Experience: one to three months of experience working with children and a background in STEM preferred
Maintains close, daily contact with members and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues and explain guidelines/ instructions. Maintains positive relations with school personnel the general public and member families at all times.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type, with or without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
|Lift/Carry up to 25 lbs.||x|
|Lift/Carry 25-50 lbs.||x|
|Lift 50+ lbs.||x|
|Grip/Grasp/Repeating Motions That May Include Wrist, Hands and Fingers||x|
|Walking/Bending/Moving/Reaching/Stretching in Different Positions||x|
|Audio Visual Equipment||x|
|Desktop Phone and Cell Phone||x|
|Two-Way Radio/Ear Mic||x|
|Outdoor Work with Low/High Temperatures and Other Elements Such as Wind/Precipitation||x|
|Odors That May Be Unpleasant||x|
|Varied Lighting Conditions (i.e. Fluorescent, Low Lighting, etc.)||x|
|Small and/or Enclosed Spaces||x|
|Working Within a Team||x|
|Managing Workplace Stressors||x|
|Encountering Belligerent Behaviors||x|
|Acids, Corrosives, Epoxies, Dust, Fumes, Mists, Gases, Chemicals, Body Fluids, Etc.||x|
|Facial Covering, Gloves, Safety Glasses, Ear Muffs/Plugs, Etc.||x|