JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Manages overall daily operations of the designated unit with the primary concern for programs and service
delivery, meal program, supervision and training of staff, community relations and membership recruitment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the management operations of designated Club location.
- Oversee the implementation of the food program following local, state and federal guidelines.
- Establish programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and that creates a Club environment
that facilitates achievement of positive youth development.
- Collaborating with the Director or Programming and the Director or Clubs develop, implement and evaluate
programs ensuring that all members have opportunities to achieve academic success, good character and
citizenship and healthy lifestyles.
- Ensure full implementation of safety practices and procedures that creates a safe and healthy environment for
all members and staff. Ensure that site staff understands and effectively communicates standards of program,
meaning that program areas are safe and equipment is maintained in good working condition.
- Continuous evaluation of Club impact to ensure programs/activities respond to member needs and address their
gender and cultural diversity.
- Control program and activity expenditures for all sites to ensure they are operating within approved budgets.
- Ensure all sites complete accurate and timely weekly and monthly reports including grant requirements.
- Identify and support training and development opportunities for Club staff.
- Oversee proper recordkeeping and reporting including: activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily
participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues for the Club.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members, staff, parents and school personal, by representing the
organization in a professional manner.
- Promote membership in designated site and other Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN programs.
- Supervise, assist in recruitment, and provide training opportunities for staff and volunteers.
- Conducts regular staff meetings.
- Develop and maintain good public relations with parents, schools, general public and other organizations to
increase the visibility of programs, services and activities within the club.
- Assist with special development and marketing projects as needed.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members, utilizing guidance and discipline plan.
- Collaborate with other Sr. Site Managers of Clubs and KIDSTOP programs.
- Assist in the coordination of inter-club activities and special events.
- Coordinate weekly schedules between Club/KIDSTOP sites to ensure efficient utilization of resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Considerable knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of the Boys & Girls
Clubs: the principles and practices of nonprofit organizations.
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Successfully complete and maintain Food Management Certification.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Four-year degree or equivalent experience.
Experience A minimum of three years of job experience and/or training
Maintains close, daily contact with Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program
objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Has regular contact with members as
needed to discipline, advise, and counsel. Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools,
member’s parents and others.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and written records 8+ hours.
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner through verbal and written format with internal and external contacts 6-8 hours per day.
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 4-6 hours per day Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and manipulate up to 40 lbs of weight up to 4 hours per day.
Grasping/Holding/Use of Fingers: Able to utilize hands and fingers to operate equipment such as computer, phone and copier up to 7-8 hours per day. Must be 21 years old and eligible for van authorization.