JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for overseeing the delivery of a broad range of programs within a designated KIDSTOP site, such as education, social recreation, arts & crafts and physical education. Plan, develop, oversee, implement and supervise programs and program staff.
SALARY: $42,191.81 annually
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and oversee the administration of designated KIDSTOP programs and activities that support positive youth development:
- Establish KIDSTOP program objectives consistent with organizational goals and mission.
- Oversee the provision of day-to-day program activities in accordance with established standards, policies and goals.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Establish and maintain KIDSTOP program goals and settings that ensure the health and safety of members. Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program, meaning that program areas are safe and equipment is maintained in good working condition. This may include overseeing medical conditions of specific members and dispensing of medication.
- Ensure the evaluation of Club programs on a continual basis and ensures programs/activities respond to member needs and address their gender and cultural diversity.
- Control site program and activity expenditures within approved budget. Monitor and ensure all fees are collected in a timely manner. Complete all bookkeeping and accounting by specified deadlines.
- Accurately complete weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner, including grant reports.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned and supervise program staff and volunteers, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal. Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned staff.
- Oversee proper recordkeeping and reporting including: parent accounts, activities and events conducted, breakdowns of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Ensure productive and effective performance by all program staff and volunteers.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members, staff, parents and school personal, by representing the organization in a professional manner.
- Promote membership in designated site and other club units.
- Interpret standards, objectives and programs of the Boys & Girls Club to staff, parents and the general public.
- Responsible for developing effective programs that lead to the growth of the KIDSTOP site.
- Participates in staff recruitment events and interviews candidates for hire.
- Plan and oversee special programs, committees and/or events (i.e. field trips, inter-club tournaments and awards programs), and/or participate in the implementation of other unit activities as necessary.
- Attend and participate in scheduled meetings and trainings.
- May be required to drive Club van.
- Other duties, as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities.
- Demonstrate knowledge in all program areas.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certification.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Experience : A minimum of three years of job experience and/or training
Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff, members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, and advise/counsel. Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, parents of members and others.