JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for the development, direction, and management of the dance program at the Eastside Boys & Club. The Dance Coordinator will design the program with active, real-time influence and input of youth participants in program content and approach while holding youth to high expectations.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development:
- Promote and encourage program participation
- will use positive youth development techniques
- provide guidance and role modeling to members
- participate in program interacting with youth
- Serve as an adult mentor to all Club youth.
- Establish and maintain a physically and emotionally safe space for all youth.
- Assist with member recruitment initiatives to increase participation in the Club’s arts programs.
- Implement arts programming through the 10 Success Principles and with youth voice.
- Provide hands-on, experiential learning in the arts.
- In collaboration with the Youth Arts team, participate in at least two high profile public culminating events.
- Plan and coordinate opportunities for a variety of arts exposure experiences for members.
- Develop and maintain strong community partnerships.
- Provide youth participants skills and guidance for creating their own original artwork of relevance and personal importance.
- Design skill development and open studio classes for all skill levels.
- Assist with establishing program objectives and ensure programs meet or exceed all expected outlined deliverables.
- Ensure that quality arts entries are developed for BGCA Arts Contest.
- Educate young artists on professional equipment and proper usage of materials.
- Assist in the design and implementation of arts trainings for staff across the organization.
- Participate in all required and recommended Club trainings and staff meetings.
- Actively collaborate, providing support and resources to the Youth Arts team and other organizational leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Demonstrates commitment and dedication to the arts.
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth in a Boys & Girls Club environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to represent the Club with the general public and community organizations.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and be authorized to drive Club vans.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in dance. (Minimum age 21)
Experience: Minimum of one year work experience or knowledge in the arts.
Maintains close daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information. Maintains contact with arts team to plan and implement high quality arts programs in the organization. Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, parents/guardians, and others to provide a positive Club experience.
Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.