The Custodian is responsible for the cleaning of assigned building(s) of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central MN.
- Cleaning and sanitizing of restrooms and refilling needed supplies.
- Mopping of all hard surfaces.
- Vacuum office and program areas as needed.
- Empty office trash daily and in other areas as needed.
- Keep custodian supply cupboards and area organized and free of waste.
- Report needed repairs for buildings to Facilities Manager including light bulb replacement.
- Inform Facilities Manager of supply inventory needs.
- Clean windows inside and out as needed.
- Responsible for lawn care, including mowing, trimming and watering.
- Snow and ice removal as needed on sidewalks and emergency exits.
- Assist in deep cleaning of all buildings
- Be available for various tasks that require lifting and moving.
- Ability to work independently with good time management skills.
- Participate in activities to maintain good public relations including in-kind donation pickups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to travel between buildings.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Commitment to: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, facilities management; and budget management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, subordinates, board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
Maintains close contact with assigned staff to provide technical assistance in matters of building operations; interacts regularly with Unit Directors, Executive Director and assigned Board Committee.
Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, resident partners and others.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and written records 3 hours.
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner.
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 6-8 hours per day; ability to comfortably move and manipulate up to 60 lbs of weight up to 6-8 hours per day .