Now hiring difference makers!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Delivery and supervision of quality programs and activities provided within a designated KIDSTOP site.
STARTING WAGE: $16.35 per hour
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development:
- Promote, stimulate and encourage program participation;
- Assist and participate in the new member orientation process;
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members and staff.
- Have an awareness and the ability to lead a variety of program activities in all program areas.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, promote and evaluate all programs and activities to ensure safety of members, quality programs and appearance of the site at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports.
- Assists with training and orientations of staff and volunteers.
- Accurate record keeping and data entry of program attendances, parent accounts and field trip/special events.
- Meets with program staff on a weekly basis (or as needed), to plan programming and evaluate site programs, and prepare weekly and monthly program schedules.
- Assumes full responsibility of the program site in the absence of the Program Manager.
- Responsible for communicating the objectives, standards and program of the Boys & Girls Club to
staff and volunteers.
- Assist with parent interactions including: new member information, assist with relaying information, and conflict resolution (including member and parent).
- Responsible for managing medical/behavior issues of members.
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and mobile when supervising either staff or members.
- Assist with grant-related programs.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
- Ability to interact with parents and deal with the general public.
- Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
- CPR and first aid certified.
FORMAL EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma; some post-secondary education or equivalent experience
Experience: A minimum of one year of job experience and/or training.
Must be 18 years of age.
Maintains close, daily contact with staff and volunteers, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide
information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions and advise/counsel. Contribute to the
maintenance of good relations with school personnel at all levels and to public in general.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of
sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and written records 8+ hours
Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner through verbal and written format with internal and external contacts 6-8 hours per day
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 4-6 hours per day
Lifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and manipulate up to 40 lbs. of weight up to 4 hours per day
Grasping/Holding/Use of Fingers: Able to utilize hands and fingers to operate equipment such as computer, phone and copier up to 7-8 hours per day