JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Designs and implements a comprehensive Academic Success program for a designated Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of positive youth development: promote and encourage program participation; use positive youth development techniques; provide guidance and role modeling to members; participate in programs interacting with youth
- Serve as an adult mentor to all Club youth.
- Design age-appropriate educational curriculum, including academic support and tutoring that invites youth voice and input, ensures program meets or exceeds all expected outlined deliverables that also incorporates BGCA curriculum and exceeds all grant expectations.
- Assist members in basic educational disciplines.
- Implement educational programs; ensure staff is well informed of curriculum.
- Help members set academic goals for themselves.
- Collaborate with Great Futures Coordinator to coordinate and supervise academic field trips, business tours and college visits.
- Review materials after members complete and assist with any areas of difficulty.
- Collaborate with area schools, parents, case workers, and BGCMN staff to provide/support individual members learning needs and instructional methods and provide daily community when necessary.
- Maintain members FERPA confidentiality regarding members shared academic records.
- Track all programs and activities using the Boys & Girls Club’s database; evaluate programs with youth using surveys and qualitative feedback; provide grant reports as required.
- Conduct daily pre/post operation safety inspection of program area.
- Participate in all grant trainings and reports to ensure full program compliance.
- Participate in all required and recommended Club trainings and staff meetings.
- Ensure a productive work environment by assisting/collaborating with all staff and volunteers.
- May participate in special programs and/or events.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by Site Manager or other supervisors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to relate with children in a Boys & Girls Club environment.
- Ability to engage with the general public and community organizations.
- Ability to organize, supervise, and inspire members in a safe environment.
- Must have an acceptable driving record and authorized to drive Club van.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of 1 year related work experience
Maintains close daily contact with Club staff, Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information. Maintains ongoing contact with external community groups, schools, member’s parents, and others to assist in resolving problems/issues.
Visual: Normal acuity required daily for making color distinction, depth of sight, preparing/analyzing figures, computer use, and written records 8+ hours Communication: Able to express thoughts and ideas in an accurate and understandable manner through verbal and written format with internal and external contacts 8 hours per day
Movement: Ability to maneuver within work site 6-8 hours per dayLifting/Pulling/Pushing/Carrying: Able to comfortably move and manipulate up to 20 lbs of weight up to 4-6 hours per day