Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota
In every community, boys and girls are left to find their own recreation and companionship in the streets. An increasing number of children are at home with no adult care or supervision. Young people need to know that someone cares about them.
For 40 years, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota has provided hope and opportunity to tens of thousands of young people. Our programs and services promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence.
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The Boys & Girls Club provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
- Hope and opportunity
What makes the Boys & Girls Club unique:
- All boys and girls ages 5-18 are welcome
- Clubs have full-time professional leadership
- Supplemented by part-time employees and volunteers
- We require no proof of good character, and we help and guide young people who may be in danger of acquiring unacceptable habits or attitudes
- We assure that all boys and girls can afford to belong
Dues are $10 a year, and we offer payment plans or scholarships to youth who cannot afford it
- Activities are conducted in a building especially designed for youth programs
- We have an open-door policy
- We offer various programs that recognize the individual needs of our members
- We are guidance-oriented
Facts about membership
- Registered members: 5,684
- Number of sites: 16
- Professional staff: 212
- Adult & youth volunteers: 1,048
- Meals served at clubs: 52,869
- Snacks served at clubs: 28,405
- Free/reduced lunch at clubs: 88%
- Members ages 7 & under:31%
- Members ages 8 - 11:47%
- Members ages 12 - 18+:22%
Download a complete copy of our 2013 demographics by clicking here.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer/provider.